'eF Babe' + 'Jay Baba'= eFJay
(LOVE BIRDS)

Togetherness, Tranquilty, Love, Care, Affection, Respect, Serenity, Value, Admiration, Greatness, Gratification, Satisfaction, Blessings...

Thursday 17 April 2008

wat a Boo... my bday


Ok it was my bday on Tuesday… who knew???
If you had asked me on Sunday ‘Jay baba, kilon pop on Tuesday?’, you would have gotten an answer like ‘what’s happening on Tuesday?’. To be honest I gave little thought to this bday mehn. I’ve got loads on my mind at the moment. Got to joggle school, 10 hour work shifts, assignments, exam preparations, dissertations and all that kinda jazz.

Ef asked me a few times, ‘Boo, what would you wish for on your bday?’ I must have answered ‘for you to be here with me’… at the time that was just wishful thinking. I had told her not to come over, I had mad work, same as her so I was gonna have a quite bday without my Boo (or so I thought).

Ok so it’s Sunday night, I am talking to Boo and I am about to say goodnight then she says “don’t wake me up until midday tomorrow”. I was gonna ask y but then I thought she was thinking of staying up to do some of her work besides I was so sleepy I jus wanted to doze.

Anyhow, it’s Monday morning and my room is like a jungle, books, clothes, shoes everything everywhere. I thought to myself… o boy since you are not getting sch work done and your supervisor is putting you on cruise you might as well clean up this room jo, so I did (thank God). So the room is clean… again another unusual thought comes up, ‘take a bath’. So I freshen up, looking good in the house… strange…
Its 12 noon, I text boo ‘U r not still sleeping or are U?’, she replies… ‘I’m in class I’ll call you in a bit’. I am wondering you are in class ke, and you didn’t text or anything. Anyhow I boned.

About 15mins later, the buzzer goes off… I’m thinking to myself I am not expecting anybody today na… then I pick the hand set, I say ‘yeah?’ and what do I hear… ‘HELLO’… WHAT??? I just dropped it.. (I am thinking to myself, that is not boo, it has to be someone else that sounds like her). I refused to open the door o. Then I picked it again and listened then she goes ‘BOOOOOOO’, I am like ‘JESUS, son of Mary, chosen one of the most high GOD’, this girl sha. Then I opened up.
Am I dreaming, wake me up I told her. I thought you were in class (mumu like me, I should have figured)

Anyhow, I was speechless, was shocked and so excited my feet started to itch (happens when I am very very excited). I didn’t know what was coming.
We spent the day together, lovely as usual...

So its April the 15th my bday abi… few early morning calls to disturb my sleep… but I’v got my Boo with me… wish come true!!!
So she tells me, I am taking you out this evening, I am like ‘to where, do you know anywhere in Aberdeen ni?’. She says ‘iwo ma worry’.

Its 6:30pm, we head out… by this time I knew something was gonnna happen, I just didn’t know exactly what to expect.
So Boo takes me into Frankie and Benny’s and gets a glass of ‘shayo’ for me….. AH, Boo mi, use her money to buy shayoooooo for me, he he, it must be my bday. Oh yeah it was. Anyhow, enough shayooo for me… she says to wait for a bit shes coming back.
Me, mo ko chill… sipping my shayooooo small small dey go. Eventually she comes back and says lets go!!! I down my shayooo and follow.

So we head out, a few restaurants down the road, there is a party of my friends waiting for me, what a mad surprise
2 days earlier I didn’t think anything of this day, now I am having one swell bday.
Enough chops, enough fun, small shayoooo, enough laughs and all.. was a beautiful evening.
I asked Boo that night, “what have I done to deserve all this?”. I am still waiting for a satisfactory answer.

Boo had to leave the next morning, so off to the airport we went in the morning.
It was really hard to let her go (thinking I was the one that asked her not to come a few weeks earlier)… anyhow we kissed goodbye and I smiled all the way home.
I got back home, I went to my room expecting another surprise, omo nothing o!!! so I thought, let me sleep mayb I’ll wake up to one. I slept and woke up, omo nothing o. what ui woke up to was my pile of coursework, assignments and exams to do and prepare for and guess what I am stuck with that for the next couple of weeks… AAARRRRHHHHH!!!!
Y'all takecare of yourselves, keep your head up... signing out
JayBaba

3 comments:

Afrobabe said...

Happy belated birthday sweetie...

you didnt invite us to come have cake oh

soupasexy said...

awww, that was so sweet of ur boo.

O'Dee said...

Efbabe, i like d surprise.
Happy belated bday Jbaba.