'eF Babe' + 'Jay Baba'= eFJay
(LOVE BIRDS)

Togetherness, Tranquilty, Love, Care, Affection, Respect, Serenity, Value, Admiration, Greatness, Gratification, Satisfaction, Blessings...

Monday 28 July 2008

Weekend...

Hey people! How's everyone doing? How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was quite eventful and random. I was chilling in my room in school jejely on friday jus before 8pm and then my brother(aka 'FALZ') flashed me(he never calls me). He is like, 'where are you?' I'm like, 'school duh! did i not say i wasn't coming for the concert?' 'He was like 'R u crazy? Its my first big performance! You have to be there blah blah'. 'Oh well! I don't have £35 gate fee o'. He was like 'i'd pay some jo, just come'. I felt important that he wanted his big sister at the concert, i mean he has like a million fans and enough friends but he still wanted sis to be there. Basically, brother is a rapper called 'FALZ'(you mite hv a heard of him or the single 'shakara'), he landed himself a gig at the 9ice in london concert, alongside Olu maintain.

Here's a link to listen to shakara on his myspace

That's how i now had to start calling my peeps and cajoling them and psyching them. Even Jaybaba was like, i can't come, i already told them i'm working 2mrrw cos we said we werent going anymore plus i'm very tired. I sha managed to get him back on board. There were 5 of us, jaybaba and i, my girl K and her man and my girl Tash. Thing is, they are all 'Falz' fans and we were all gonna go to the concert but the month has literally ended and everyone was broke so we jus all couldnt afford the VIP fee and we heard the non VIP area would be rowdy and you had to stand for hours. We sha hussled sha cos we are tight like that, some of us went into our savings, aunty flo was even visiting one of us but we just felt the need to go and support 'Falz' against all odds. I sha quickly packed somethings and jumped on the train to london. We all met at liverpool street station and then went to mine. We sha all got ready, we called a cab; fare was only a 5er, lucky for us the place was near my zones, like 5 mins away.

That's how we got there o and we saw 9ja people showing themselves. Some razz guys making noise, driving really fast, some sitting by the window in moving cars!!! As in Why????? Why???. We sha got inside o, that's how they now said VIP is now £5o. Jaybaba said to the girl selling tickets "ha, o fe embarass fine boy? Y now?" We sha paid £40 each! Just imagine that??? We sha went in sat down. Soon Falz performed, he did 'shakara' and 'Mr Big boi'. It was cool. Meanwhile the mc was one razz ass dude like that. Every two seconds this guy was like 'without fudar -ado'. Then he said 'make some love' and then 'show some noise'. Very razz. very annoying.

I made the biggest discovery in comedy that night. One band called themselves 'komo plastic'... i mean what the hell is komo plastic. In my life, i had never seen such display absolute lack of talent! Their whole performance was absolute jokes. They now had these dancers that had certainly been watching too much tv. One of them in particular must have watched beyonces deja vu too many times. Even worse she recycled the steps every 2 minutes. I'm not a stepper or anything but that babe was sumn else. The worst part is the sham of a performance lasted too long.
There was one other guy, koko or something like that. This guy came with durag, cap, blazer everything. Inside that hot place o. All he could do was point at his groin. This guy did not even have the decency to pretend to know what lip syncing is. He just let the song play and he focused on point at his groin and holding his crotch. Absolutely obscene!

Olu maintain finally came on stage. I was a huge maintain fan, i'm not so sure about olu on his own. I think he mite have lost the plot. I didnt really enjoy his performance, he was just shouting into the mic. He sounded so wrong and so off key. This guy took of his waist coat and threw it into the crowd, then his shoes, then his trousers!!! R u kidding me? What was that for. I remember when he was singing that fatima song, when he got to the kissing part, he leaned into the crowd with his mouth, Jaybaba said if he was one the girls on the first row standing there, he would have put his fingers in olu's eyes. LOL!

9ice on the hand was much calmer, he had much more decorum. He actually sang and not shouted like olu. His was a much better performance. Right after he went off stage, we left.
Meanwhile, trust your 9ja people, some fight had started and some people were ready to break heads.

When we got home we gisted till the sun came up. I even made yam and egg, we were hungry. lol! Jaybaba ended up calling work to say he wasnt coming in. We had a nice saturday lie-in together. I love those things! When we got up saturday midday, we just all lazied around, cleaned the house and gisted some more before everyone went to theirs.
I went to church on sunday, Jaybaba and had lunch right after church and then he took me to the station and i got the train back to uni.

B-day/D-day is 2mrrw lol! I have lectures till midday. Then i'd get on the train to london again and prep for dinner. Turns out we are not having dinner at leicester square anymore. Its in Soho instead and its Thai. Y'all are invited! I'd be expecting my bday presents o. Thanks in advance. I wonder what Jaybaba is getting me, i have no idea and of course he won't tell me. I'm curious sha.

I have to go and shower and eat now and get ready for my 4.30 lecture.

ANyways people! Have a lovely week! xxxxxxxx

ef babe

25 comments:

archiwiz said...

FFFIRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Ogunlowo said...

So u had maaaaad fun. Shame on Olu.

Oya, upload YouTube of ur brother ;)

Chris Ogunlowo said...

... are we having a blogoparty?

archiwiz said...

Awwww...big ups to your brother ohh. I hope the crowd loved him.

Ewww at the crude jokey people and the beyonjay copycat. Its so annoying when some Naija people decide that its lewdness or copying that will give them the limelight.

Afrobabe had a different view on the concert. She seemed to prefer Olu maintain's to 9ice...Anyhoo...you supported your bros big time...

Awwww...That's nice that you guys had a laid back saturday. I spent my weekend laze-ing around too...not intentionally sha.

Have a good rest of the day at your lectures, and a blessed week.

eFJay said...

@ archiwiz
Congrats on the top spot.
I dnt blame afrobabe for prefering olu's perf. u knw 9ice's songs are pure hardcore yoruba, u not only need 2 understand yoruba, u need to understand hardcore yoruba.

@ aloofar
Se u will throw me a blogparty? I'd upload a video of my brother as soon as i find one.

O'Dee said...

U dint put the link 4 shakara.

Always knew olu maintain dint no au 2 sing.

Regards 2 Jbaba.

Happy bday in advance.

eFJay said...

@ Oluwadee
Thnx luv. I'm expecting my present o. If you click on the word 'myspace' in the post(i've highlighted it now) it should take you his page. Its the 3rd song on the myspace media player.

Hw r u?

Tairebabs said...

"This guy came with durag, cap, blazer everything. Inside that hot place o. All he could do was point at his groin. This guy did not even have the decency to pretend to know what lip syncing is."...you nearly killed with this part o!

so you have a famous brother wow! At least now i know a famous person by association. hehehe.

Did olu maintain really throw his waist coat and the like? na wa o, that one na another level. I still love him sha.

Tairebabs said...

Happy birthday in advance! I will be back 2moro sha for the birthday proper!

Afrobabe said...

Funny enough we left as soon as 9ce left as well and met the fight down stairs…we had to wait for the fight to finish before we could leave..
I was upset that 9ce mimed, plus the radio or whatchacallit kept F-ing up…We were lucky to get the vip tickets free from our invites…virgin Nigeria…


Olu maintain doesn't know how to sing but he is a great entertainer so knew how to work the crowd...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

happy bday in advance ef babe!!!!

Na wa oh, afrobabe said she preferred olu's performance. Anyway, I am listening to your bro's song. Se, omo ekiti ni eh?

The song is funny.

eFJay said...

@ tairebabs
yes o, u know a famous person by association. lol! thnx dear for the bday wishes

@ afrobabe
dat olu maintain is just a tout jo. Lucky you mehn, u got free vip tickets. That 40 pa is still paining me, could hv bought me shoes.

@ SSD
Lol! thnx. omo ekiti ni mi o. Hw r u? hw's ur brood?

Afrobabe said...

Yes, but to our amazement we got there feeling like big girls only to find out there was vip and then vip premium, off course went straight to vip premuim only to be turned away...we eventually got to sit there sha after enough complaining to one of the organisers....lol

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Darling. I hope you have a lovely day. I wish you many happy returns.....many more years of happiness and good health.

BTW where is Buttercup? Has she been here?

Ms.O said...

lol @ the Olu Maintain performance!!...HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETY!!..WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT EH GOT U!!!

Zena said...

Happy Birthday Efjay

We share that in common, Have a wonderful day

uNWrItten* said...

lol..i listened to ur bro's songs..he isnt bad o!..u can like to hook girls up..lol
naa but afrobabe was at this concert too...the MC sounds hilarious..i would have booed his ass..rubbish..and 9ice is gettin so huge now its crazy..one song and hes a superstar...anywys glad u had fun sha...enjoy ur bday baby..im on the other side of the world or i for crash ur parry!

Jayjazzy said...

Yeah i agree with aloofar, olu is a total turnooff, but i guess ur bro was gud yeah. i ll check out that song on you tube.

I dont like naija musik so i hope ur bro blows my mind.

Naija Idol said...

Happy Birthday.its obviously l8.

i looove olu maintain. seen him perform live b4. he cant sing, but he's a great entertainer. but i dont understand why he'll throw shoes and all that to the crowd.lol.i love 9ice too.

i gotta go listen to ur bro's song.

eFJay said...

@naijalines
Thnx a lot egbon mi. Hw r u?

@Ms O
Thanx.

@Zena
Thnx Bday mate!

@Unwritten
yeh sure i'd hook u up. lol, thnx 4 d bday wishes

@Jayjazzy
yeh let me know what u think.

@Naijaidol
Thnx for the bday wish. Let me knw what u think whn u have listened

Chari said...

I am the worst blog-buddie ever!

Babe...happy belated birthday o

no vex abeg!

eFJay said...

@Chari
U most certainly are!(akimbo pose, rolling eyes) lol!
Don't worry i forgive you. Se u r gud sha.

Tinu said...

I'm back ohh..kilon shele ohh??

have have u been??

xoxo

Buttercup said...

1stly..HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SIS!!! i wish u many more wonderful years...what did jaybaba get u???

2ndly..im officially crushin on ur bro, i followed the link n heard his songs...i hope this isnt 'incest', u being my blog sis n all..lol..

lol @ the concert! n i thot 9ice wuda been the razzest..my bad..

eFJay said...

Yeh i was abt to pick a fight with you for not saying happy bday! lol! Thnx 4 d belated bday wishes, i 4give u. Its totally ok to crush on my brother, hehe! I'd let him know you are a fan!

ef babe