'eF Babe' + 'Jay Baba'= eFJay
(LOVE BIRDS)

Togetherness, Tranquilty, Love, Care, Affection, Respect, Serenity, Value, Admiration, Greatness, Gratification, Satisfaction, Blessings...

Tuesday 18 March 2008

Poetry 2


So i sed i'd post my own poem today.

The performance went like this... we sat backing each other and i look all confused and sad! lol! U shlda seen my face, u'd have thought it was a real love story. The poem i actually did that night was a modified version of the one i wrote years ago, in 2005.

The one i wrote years ago was about liking a dude and i dnt know how to say it and all! lol! U know what is really funny, i wrote the poem in the exam hall, it was a 3 hour paper and i had finished but i didnt want to submit yet so i started scribbling on my question paper. Before u start calling me names, i got a grade one in that module o! Infact, let me blow my trumpet, i was the only girl with my subject combination in my year that got all grade ones!

Anyways i'd post both poems. The old one first.



The Old one


There you are standing in front of me,

Your adorable brown eyes watching me closely,

I look down at my feet shyly,

I try but the words wont come out,

I want to say it to you,

But a part of me does not want me to,

"I... I..." i trail off like i always do,

I look in ur eyes and i see the patience,

You are waiting to hear it,

Giving me all the time i need to say it,

I start to wonder if i should really say it,

I start to think about the consequence of initiating that conversation,

I start to wonder if i can handle the look on your face when i have said it,

I start to wonder if things can get any more akward between us...



The new one


(Girl talking)

I'm sitting here with you

I want to say the words, i really do

But a part of me is holding me back

I try but the words just don't come out

"I think..." "May be we...." "You know..." and then i trail off like i always do

I can feel the patience

You are waiting to hear it, giving me the time i need to say it

I start to wonder if i should

I start to think about the consequence of initiating that conversation

I start to if i can handle the look on your face whne i have said it

I start to wonder if things can get anymore akward between us



(Guy Singing)

She used to be my queen, i used to be her king

She used to be my girl, we used to rule the world together

But now you are far away

And nothing is the way it used to be

8000 miles by plane

And nothing is the way it used to be


(Guy and Girl singing together)

Bi n ba le rin lomi o

I would walk all the way to be with you (2ce)

If i could walk on water

I would walk all the way, i don't need no plane

But its all over now...



Guess what i actually told the dinko that i liked him o... u won't believe what the idiot said!!!

Anyways people! I'm signing out for now.


Take care guys


'ef babe'

8 comments:

O'Dee said...

Wt did he say????
I will b using some lines in ur poem in my nxt email 2 my boo.

10ks 4 stopin by.

eFJay said...

Feel free to use the poem jare! Hw's ur boo? I knw a thing or 10 abt long distance love. lol! ko easy mehn!

Meanwhile, i will blog abt that dinko's gist soon!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ah, ah...all this suspense. What did he say????

NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

uNWrItten* said...

awww this is cute but kinda sad at the same time..

thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

pls what did the idiot say?

ablackjamesbond said...

Its always a tricky thing to tell a guy how u feel about him when you are not very sure how he feels.

A guy telling a chic is not that complicated...tops she wld say no...a bruised ego at the most.

Ef Babe & Jay Baba...whats the story?

Chris Ogunlowo said...

What did he saaaaay?

Babe I love this poem.

eFJay said...

@ aloofar
thnx dear!

@ ablackjamesbond
tell me abt it! well, the 'ef babe and jay baba' story is def coming up. stay tuned! thnx 4 stoppin by!